Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Come In My Kitchen

"Learn To Hate Your Favorite Song Night" is a tradition at the Dairy Queen that I am employed at that will hopefully begin this Saturday. This egg of brilliance was hatched out of collaboration between East Side Guy's synthesizer wizard Ian McKinney and I. The idea is this- play your favorite song, on repeat, for an entire five hour shift at the Dairy Queen. I say it will hopefully begin Saturday because Ian ran the idea by John The Owner last night and wasn't sure of the answer he got. Ian said that either John thought he was joking and was o.k. with it, or that he threatened to fire us both. So I am going to verify tonight that we have the go ahead for the feel good event of the weekend.

The first candidate for favorite song is Reel to Real's "I Like To Move It". The subtle brilliance of the unforgettable refrain "I like to move it move it, I like to move it move it, I like to move it move it... move it!" inspired a whole generation, not necessarily to strive toward a world free of poverty and hunger, but to at least do their small part by moving 'it', whatever 'it' was to them. I wasn't sold on the song myself until Ian described the emotion behind singer Erick Morillo's delivery as the persistence of a hungry infant.

We looked up the album "I Like To Move It" on amazon.com and were puzzled as to why the cheapest copy available was $70.oo. The answer was clear when we scrolled down to the first customer comment which read, "Two words describe this album: AWESOME".

2 comments:

  1. I bought the single when i went to France and saw the video and really liked it very much it was in 94' . It was a really good dance beat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE HOW ALL GIRLS A-MOVE THEM BODY. AND WHEN YOU MOVE YA BODY. GONNA MOVE IT NICE AND SWEET AND SEXY. AIGHT?!

    ReplyDelete